Our 2021 AGM gave our alumni an opportunity to engage in dialogue around what they felt were the most important activities for the CSC Global Alumni Board to focus on in the 2021/2022 year.
The session allowed us to share the progress that CSC Global Alumni has made over the last 24 months including:
- The launch of CSC Global Alumni at our 2020: Leadership for a New Decade panel discussion hosted on the 6 February 2020
- The thinking behind our Global Alumni Conference (which will now be held in November 2022).
- The growth of our alumni membership community
- Our social media drives and community
- Our current online engagement sessions including: CONN+CT; our small group dialogue sessions, ReCONN+CT; our programme reunions and our Global Leadership Series.
In addition, we shared updates on our contribution to the HRH event held in October 2021.
An important element of Joining dots and Building bridges was the opportunity to hear from the diverse and dynamic alumni attending on their ideas for where to next. Discussions were aggregated through the final question:
We’d like to…(what) because… (so what) by contributing… (now what)
The suggestions included:
Expanding our membership by:
- Starting local chapters in countries in EVERY country where Alumni have come from
- Focusing on bringing our existing "connections" into the group to provide significant resources and potential expertise and mentoring for next generation
- Building the base of our membership by contributing personal time to connect with past alumni
- Contributing by tracking down our 5000 alumni
Engaging with the Commonwealth by:
- Creating formal connections and contributing our leadership skills and abilities to influence the development of the Commonwealth
- We'd like to support the continued health and relevance of the Commonwealth because it is a unique and globally significant organisation by contributing leadership and skills.
- Preparing our commonwealth communities by contributing the collective network power of our relationships, intelligence and motivations in a rapidly changing world.
- Working with other alumni on projects which further the SDGs goals/purpose, driving leadership to make a difference by contributing time, talent or treasure
Building connection by:
- Building ongoing connection and engagement with alumni by contributing time, enthusiasm, fun, connection and ‘soft’ resources
- Networking and collaboration and team work to make a difference in the Commonwealth communities especially at this uncertain time and post-covid
- Utilizing social media and technology to communicate virtually and share when travels are not necessary
- Contributing to future Social media campaigns.
Growing next generation leaders by:
- Building our young leaders through CALM’s services, programs and networks
- Growing new leaders through mentorship and sponsorship on future CSC programs.
We are excited with the opportunities ahead of us and through further engagements with our new board and you, our global alumni family, we plan to take these exciting ideas forward.
Click here for the highlight video of our Joining Dots & Building Bridges session with CSC Global Alumni Directors Ilka Dunne and Caroline Marsh.